There is no denying the fact that iPhone camera is the world’s most popular camera. Most of the people are attracted towards buying this smartphone because of the excellent features this camera offers.
However, the camera isn’t the only method to have pictures and videos on your iPhone. You might have pictures stored somewhere else or your friend, family or loved ones might share pictures with you. You can synchronize all these images to your iPhone.
For Mac Owners – Synchronize Photos to iPhone using Photos
The Photos program is well known for its use to store and organize your images. When you proceed to synchronize it automatically communicates with iTunes and decides which photos are to be moved from the iPhone to Photos.
In order to know how to synchronize photos using Photos program to your iPhone, read these instructions.
- Open the Photos program on your Mac
- Drag the images you want to add to your iPhone into the program. You can have downloaded images from the web, imported images from your CD/DVD, attached images from an email, etc. You have the choice of adding single images, multiple images, or entire folders of images. They will be added to Photos and you’ll have them appear in your library.
- Connect to your iPhone to the Mac running Photos.
- Launch iTunes, it usually launches itself though.
- Click the iPhone icon in the top left corner and proceed to the iPhone management screen
- Go to Photos in the left sidebar
- Find “Sync Photos”
- Look at the second box on the screen, choose the options for what photos you want to sync, such as All photos and albums, Selected albums, Only favorites, etc.
- If you chose selected albums, a list of albums appears. Check the box next to each one that you specifically want to sync
- When you’ve selected your settings, click Apply in the bottom right corner to save your settings and sync the photos
- When the synchronization process is complete, open the Photos app on your iPhone and here you go, your new photos are here.
For Mac owners – Sync Photos to iPhone From The Pictures Folder
If you are considering to sync photos from your Mac, it is not necessary that you avail Photos app. Images from your Pictures folder can also be synced by following this simple and easy procedure.
- Move all the photos you want to sync to the Pictures folder. You can find the Pictures folder in the sidebar of a Finder window. It’s up to you if you add individual photos or drag entire folders having images.
- Follow steps 3-7 in the method mentioned above.
- In the Copy photos from: drop down, select Pictures
- Now, In the second box, either select All folders or Selected folders
- If you chose Selected folders, check the boxes next to the folders you want in the section below
- Click Apply to sync the photos to your iPhone.
- You may now use the Photos app on the iPhone to view your newly transferred images.
For Windows Users – Sync Photos Using Windows Photo Gallery
If you are a Windows users, you can still sync images to your iPhone by using Windows Photo Gallery. This program comes pre-installed with Windows 7 and up so things are not difficult even if you do not own a Mac.
For Mac as well as PC owners – Add Photos to iPhone Using iCloud
Not everyone wishes to sync their iPhone with their computer. Reasons may vary. So, whether you use a Mac or a PC, you can use the web-based iCloud Photo Library for the purpose of storing and adding photos to your iPhone.
Check whether or not iCloud Photo Library is enabled on your iPhone by following these steps:
- Tap Settings
- Tap iCloud
- Go to Photos
- Move the iCloud Photo Library slider to on/green.
- Then add the photos you want to sync to iCloud by following these steps:
- Go to icloud.com in your Mac or PC’s web browser
- Log in using your Apple ID
- Click Photos
- Click Upload in the top bar
- Now, select all the photo or photos you want to upload, then click Choose
- The photos upload to your iCloud account. In a couple of minutes, they will download to your iOS device and appear in the Photos app.
Did you find this article helpful? Let us know in the comments down below.