Being a photographer is more than a profession because for many people, taking pictures and making the object as a piece of art is a passion. In order for this passion to improve, the use of DSLR cameras is highly needed since they are capable of producing great imagery.
In this review, we will talk about the different lenses which you can partner with your Canon camera. With different features and properties, we hope that you’ll find the best choice.
Canon EF 28-300mm f/3.5 – 5.6L IS USM
Canon EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM Lens
18 used from $1,248.99
- Handy, compact zoom lens for versatile and easy subject selection while travelling
- Incorporates Canon's Image Stabilization (IS) technology. Diagonal angle of view is between 75 - 8°15' degrees
- Powerful ring-type USM drive provides silent, high-speed autofocusing
- Optimized to suppress ghosting and flaring, ideal for use with digital cameras
- 1 year Limited Warranty Card Included
The Canon EF 28-300mm f/3.5 – 5.6L IS USM comes in a handy and compact design which is suited for everyday use. With a weight of 3.68 pounds and dimension of 7.2 x 3.6 x 3.6 inches, this lens has enough size for convenience in every use.
As a known brand of professional performance in this field, Canon EF 28-300mm f/3.5 – 5.6L IS USM offers versatility, easy subject selection, and high optical performance. It features the Canon’s Image Stabilization technology which results in clear and sharp pictures. The ultra-sonic feature of this lens is also the reason why this provides high speed, high precision, and efficient performance. With 22 elements for low distortion, this lens is capable of providing an edge to edge performance.
This lens does not only boast good performance but great properties as well. Thanks to the rugged construction of this lens which makes it dust and drip-proof for a better performance even with outdoor shots.
Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5 – 5.6 IS
Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Standard Zoom Lens for Canon DSLR Cameras
44 used from $199.91
- 18-200mm focal length, Closest Focusing Distance : 1.48 ft./0.45m (maximum close-up magnification 0.24x)
- 28.8-320mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras, 72mm filters
- F3.5-5.6 maximum aperture; F22-38 minimum
- Micromotor-type AF motor without full-time manual focusing. Image stabilization, 4 stops
- Canon EF-S mount for APS-C DSLRs
A wide focal length is one of the biggest features this lens can brag with. With this wide range from normal to telephoto of about 29-320mm in 35mm format, this lens allows you to take advantage of the great views in perfect angles with blur-free results. Among the features of this lens is the Universal High-Power Flash which reduces redness of the eye as well as uneven subjects. Through this technology, you could able to make clear, sharp, and real-life pictures.
This lens has a strong coating as well. This coating protects the lens from possible damages caused by several factors like dirt and dust. With the help of this coating, Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5 – 5.6 IS stays safe whenever you’ll use it.
This lens is one of the great choices in the market. Thanks to its wide angle and range of focal length which is especially helpful in certain photographic situations.
Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Canon EF (321954)
5 used from $869.99
- The Sigma 85mm 1.4 DG HSM Art is the latest addition to the world renowned Sigma Global Vision Line
- It has equipped newly designed hyper sonic motor (HSM) for nimble AF control, 1.3 times better torque of its predecessor
- This lens is compatible with Mount converter MC-11 , so Sony E-mount users can also enjoy this lens with it
Designed and engineered for unparalleled image quality, the Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art offers new optical and premium components. Comes with a weight of 2.1 pounds and overall dimension of 3.7 x 3.7 x 5 inches, this lens is compact yet light in weight. This is a perfect buddy for everyone since it is convenient to use.
Having a focal length of about 85mm and aperture of f/1.4, this lens is suited to almost all photographic situations either inside a studio or outdoor shoots. Efficiency and reliability in every operation are also present in this lens. This is because of its updated and improved Hyper Sonic Motor which keeps the whole operation smooth and concise. The multi-layer coating of this lens helps in the reduction of flare and ghosting which results in sharp as well as high contrast imaging. Added to all its features are its aspherical elements with SLD glass which work on minimizing the color aberration which results in clear and sharp images. All in all, with all the capabilities of this lens, this deserves to be part of your top choices.
Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
Sigma 50mm F1.4 ART DG HSM Lens for Canon
$564.79 in stock
10 used from $564.99
- 50mm focal length
- 75mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 80mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- 77mm filters
Knowing that Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art is a redesigned and re-engineered lens, you can really expect that this lens brings many new and improved features. In its dimension of 3.9 x, 3.4 x 3.4 inches and weight of 1.8 pounds lie the different photographic situations which work out well in this lens. From portrait photography, landscape photography, studio photography, and street photography, this lens can do it all with quality.
This lens features the well-known Hyper Sonic Motor which works in a quiet and smooth as well as accurate and auto-focus performance. Paired with a special low dispersion or SLD and multi-layer coating, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art provides a high performance in every use. Added to all the features of this lens is the USB Dock Compatibility. This software will enable you to update and adjust the firmware and parameter of the lens.
Sharpness is what this lens could offer. With the competition in the market, this lens remains to be part of the top choices of many people because of its abilities.
Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM
Canon EF 85mm f1.2L II USM Lens for Canon DSLR Cameras - Fixed
16 used from $1,025.00
- f1.2 maximum aperture
- Ring-type UltraSonic motor (USM), Focal length : 85mm, Closest focusing distance : 3.2 feet
- EF mount, medium telephoto lens, High-speed AF and circular aperture create shallow depth-of-field
- 111mm focal length for APS-H sensors, 136mm for APS-C sensors, Lens not zoomable
To deliver a great low-light performance is the main job of Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM. This lens features the Ultra-Sonic Autofocus Motor which works on providing you great images while maintaining the whole operation run smoothly. With this feature, the movement of the lens is now provided with accuracy and precision.
Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM is a professional grade lens which will allow you to handhold and stop action even under in the darkest condition. From weeding, different events, and other still type photography, this lens does a better job. However, when it comes to sports photography and portrait photography, this lens excels the most. With its wide aperture, this lens will give you the chance to taking a picture with different angle clearly.
Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8DC HSM Art
Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 Art DC HSM Lens for Canon
$618.00 in stock
7 used from $590.00
- F1.8 maximum aperture
- F16 minimum
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing, 72mm filter size
- Minimum focusing distance 28 cm/ 11.0 in. USB Dock compatible, MC-11 compatible.
- Available in Canon EF (EF-S), Sony Alpha (dot), Nikon f (DX) mounts
The Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8DC HSM Art is a revolutionary product which has a dimension of 4.8 x 3.1 x 3.1 inches and weight of 1.79 pounds. It is the first lens which features the wide angle up to standard zoom lens in one. In addition to this feature is its incorporation of a wide glass-molded aspherical lens with Special Low Dispersion glass. This reduces aberrations and promotes clearer and sharper images.
This lens is also USB Dock compatible. This means that with the use of a certain software which is the SIGMA optimization pro, you could able to update the firmware of your lens and adjust its perimeters like focus.
Canon EF 24-70MM F/2.8l II USM
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Standard Zoom Lens
$1,599.00 in stock
25 used from $1,194.01
- 24 70 millimeter focal length, 38.4 112 millimeter equivalent focal length on Canon APS C cameras
- F2.8 constant maximum aperture; F22 minimum, Ring type ultrasonic type AF motor with full time manual focusing
- 82 millimeter filters, Closest Focusing Distance: 0.38 meter/1.25 feet
- Image Stabilization : No. Focus Adjustment Inner focusing with USM. Diagonal Angle of View 84° 34°. Weight 1.7 pound
- Purchase this product between May 1, 2016 and July 30, 2016 and get 13 months of free damage protection from Canon. The product must be registered within 30 days of the purchase date to be eligible
To meet the increasing standard in the industry of digital photography, the Canon innovate lenses which will meet the different needs of many people. One of these innovations is under the EF series which is the Canon EF 24-70MM F/2.8l ii USM. It features the latest advances in the optical lens design making it more efficient when it comes to taking quality images.
Just like other lenses out there, Canon EF 24-70MM F/2.8l ii USM has many features which are also found in other lenses. However, this lens becomes extra-valuable because of its overall quality. All its accessories, as well as its overall construction, are made with quality and durability. This is why; Canon EF 24-70MM F/2.8l ii USM is one of the good choices for your Canon camera.
Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports
Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 Sports DG OS HSM & TC-1401 for Canon
1 used from $1,858.00
- 150-600mm S +1.4 Tele
- 150-600mm S +1.4 Tele
- 150-600mm S +1.4 Tele
This super telephoto lens provides excellent performance when partnered with your Canon Cameras. This lens can optimize the full frame sensors which contribute to the overall performance of the lens. With the utilization of both two FLD and SLD elements, Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports has the ability to control over with aberrations and distortions. Featuring the Hyper Sonic Motor, the use of this lens will enable you to let the lens performs in a fast yet quiet phase. The autofocus ability it has and the optical stabilizer with an accelerometer will allow you to take pictures with blur-free effects.
With all of these features, the Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports is no doubt a good performing lens. But its great properties don’t stop there because it has also an additional feature which is very useful. This is the waterproof construction. Since this lens is a waterproof type, an outdoor shoot will not be a problem anymore with Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports.
Knowing that this lens is waterproof and has good overall performance, Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports might be a buddy for your Canon camera.
Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO II USM
Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM Lens
2 used from $6,295.99
- Compact, lightweight super telephoto lens that is ideal for sports and wildlife photography
- Newly-developed gapless dual-layer diffractive optical elements deliver improved image quality with reduced flare
- Optical Image Stabilizer provides up to four shutter speed stops of correction
- Power Focus mode enables smooth focus shifts essential for filmmaking
- Minimum focusing distance of 10.8 Ft./3.3 m.
Having an overall dimension of 2 x 2 x 2 inches and weight of 9.3 pounds, this lens is quite heavy. However, despite its weight, its overall performance and efficiency still made this lens as part of the top choices of many photographers.
Through its compact construction, this lens delivers a superb performance which works well with different photographic situations but excels a lot in wildlife photography. The one fluorite and one super UD element of this lens work together in providing you a great quality of contrast and resolution. This will result in a reduction of chromatic aberration that functions across the entire zoom range. With this, no matter what zoom range you’ll use, you can have the confidence that you could able to take the perfect picture. This lens also features the Canon’s new Air Sphere Coating or ASC. It helps in the two modes of this lens which are the standard as well as panning and exposure to fully use the Optical Image Stabilizer of this lens. When all these features work together, the result is not just a high quality of images but reliability and efficiency in every operation.
Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO 11 USM might have a heavyweight but it is also loaded with many features that made this lens performs better over the other.
Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L ll USM Zoom Lens for Canon EF Cameras
16 used from $750.00
- 16 35mm ultra wide angle zoom lens with f/2.8 maximum aperture
- 3 high precision aspherical lens elements produce superior image quality, Closest focusing distance: 0.92 feet
- Circular aperture produces natural background blur at wider apertures, Ring type USM for fast and quiet autofocusing; internal focusing
- Measures 3.5 inches in diameter and 4.4 inches long; 1 year warranty
This lens offers an ultra-wide angle and maintains the constant maximum aperture of f/2.8 features the all-new optical design. Having a weight of 21.1 pounds and overall dimension of 1 x 1 x 1 inches, this lens comes with a heavy property yet an answer for photographers who look for superlative operation and performance. In any virtual conditions, this lens maintains a focal length of 16-35mm and let you take control with its superb performance and perspective. Brightness in every shot is another feature this lens can brag of. This is because it also features the Ring USM which works on delivering sharp and eye-catching results. Providing the High-Speed CPU and Optimized AF algorithms, this lens has the ability to provide an accurate and detailed imagery in every use.
Aside from providing high-quality images, this lens boasts durability at the same time. Its compact and overall construction is made with resistance to dust and water. It has also fluorine coating which keeps its quality and durability all the time. Detailed photography, nuanced landscapes, dramatic interiors and etc. you can name it all as this lens can do them all.
Tokina AT-X 11-16mm f/2.8 PRO DX II
Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X 116 PRO DX-II Lens for Canon EF w/Focus Accessories
- Designed for Cameras with APS-C Sensors
- One-Touch Focus Clutch Mechanism / Internal Focusing AF Motor
- Two Aspheric Lens Elements / Two Super-Low Dispersion Lens Elements
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22 / 77mm Filter Thread
- Multi-Layer Coating
Tokina AT-X 11-16mm f/2.8 PRO DX II is a versatile lens for your which is compatible with your Canon camera. Its wide angle zoom which maintains a constant aperture of f/2.8 helps in retaining the brightness throughout its zoom range. Because of this, the quality and sharpness of an image are being maintained which results to perfect images in every shot. With its overall dimension of 3.5 x 3.5 x 3.6 inches and weight of 1.23 pounds, this lens has the lightweight feature yet built with different features and properties for better performance.
On the other hand, Tokina AT-X 11-16mm f/2.8 PRO DX II features the P-MO hybrid aspherical element and two glass aspherical molded elements which are working together in reducing distortions and controlling the different aberrations. The SD ultralow dispersion elements of this lens also work in the reduction of aberrations to make the output sharp and clear.
Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM
Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM Lens
$2,699.00 in stock
8 used from $1,848.00
- L-series ultra-wide zoom lens with an impressive 11mm starting focal length
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 11–24mm f/4, Closest Focusing Distance : 11 in. / 0.28m
- New optical design and the use of one Super UD element and one UD lens element
- Subwavelength Coating (SWC) and Air Sphere Coating (ASC), Inner focusing, ring USM, a high-speed CPU and optimized AF algorithms
- Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode
The wide zoom lens is the signature product you can gain when choosing the Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM. With an expansive wide angle that ranges between 11-24mm, this lens is ideal to use for different photographic situations like landscapes, interior shots, and unique perspective either close or far. This lens boasts its new optical design which uses the super UD and UD lenses. Their work is to correct the chromatic aberration which will result in a high quality of images. Added to its features are the 4 aspheric elements which will reduce distortion especially from the center of the image up to the periphery and all throughout the zoom range. Reduction of the flare and ghosting are highly possible in this lens as well. This is because it uses not only one coating but two in total. These coatings are the Subwavelength coating or SWC and Air Sphere Coating or ASC.
Constructed with a rugged property, Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM is made to survive with even under the exposure of dust and water. With this, this lens is totally a good choice even for some sort of adventurous photography.
Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
Sigma 20mm F1.4 ART DG HSM Lens for Canon
- Optical designs is highly resistant to strong incidental light sources such as backlight
- Minimized Chromatic aberration, distortion, and ghosting. Weight is 2.1 pounds
- This lens delivers excellent brightness and bokeh and is ideal high speed lens for snapshots.
- The Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG HSM can be considered as the culmination of the Art line in relation with F1.4 series
Being wide and fast at the same time is what this lens from Sigma can offer. This edition of Sigma lens is part of the Venerable Art Series of Global Vision Lenses from Sigma. This lens is made with sophistication robust physical construction. With 15 elements in 11 groups, this lens features the “f” low dispersion elements, five special low dispersion elements, and two aspherical elements. These elements work together in reducing both the chromatic and spherical aberrations. These results in clarity and sharpness of the images you take.
Another feature that contributes to the overall performance of this lens is the Super Multi-Layer Coating. This reduces the reflections of the surfaces, the flare as well as the ghosting. With this, there is an increase of contrast and accuracy of color in the whole operation making high-quality images. Since this lens has a wide focal length as well as consistent quality of images, this lens is suitable to use for landscape, interior, architectural, and astrophotography application. On the other hand, because of its fast and maximum aperture of f/1.4, this lens is also suited for natural and low light shooting.
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
7 used from $729.00
- 100 mm focal length and 1:2.8 maximum aperture. The EF1.4X II/EF2X II extenders cannot be used with this lens. There are no compatible close-up lenses
- Lens construction consists of 15 elements in 12 groups
- 23.4-Degree diagonal angle of view
- Inner focusing system with USM and full-time manual focus option.Closest focusing distance 0.99 ft./0.3m (maximum close-up magnification: 1x)
- 67 mm filter size.Filter Size:58mm.Lens hood:ET-73
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM is a lightweight lens yet full of different capabilities in providing great results for every use. Having a dimension of 4.8 x 3.1 x 3.1 inches and weight of 1.38 pounds, Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
is the first mid-telephoto macro lens that includes the Canon Image Stabilization. This sophisticated feature enables a good quality of images where sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy are present. Combined with this property is the Ultrasonic focusing which makes the whole operation silent but fast at the same time.
Made with high-quality materials, this lens comes in high quality and durability. Engineered to fight any weather condition, this lens is suitable to use outdoor under any circumstances.
Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Macro
Tamron AFF017C700 SP 90mm F/2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro for Canon Cameras (Black) - International Version
- Ultrasonic Silent Drive (USD) high-torque motor ensures fast & accurate AF response
- Three-coil electromagnetic VC image stabilization system provides a 3.5-stop advantage for significantly sharper images. Minimum Object Distance [m] : 0.30
- XY-Shift compensation reinforces VC functionality, further improving image stabilization at any shooting distance
- Moisture-proof and dust-resistant construction prevents intrusion of dust or water droplets
- 1 x Tamron 90 mm VC Lens,Lens Hood,Rear cap,Instructions
This lens has a weight of 1.38 pounds and dimensions of 4.8 x 3.1 x 3.1 inches, a lightweight measurement which makes this lens convenient to use anywhere and anytime. Having 15 elements in 12 groups, the construction of this lens is totally able to reduce spherical and chromatic aberrations. These elements work together in helping this lens produce high-quality images in every use.
The hybrid image stabilization technology of this lens prevents any shakes and works in both angular and shift camera. This technology helps this lens to produce clear and blur-free images. This lens is made to adjust to a different photographic range which makes it suitable even for beginners. Either you are just a neophyte or an experienced photographer; this lens will allow you to use it effectively in macro photography.
With all the features of this lens, one of its biggest properties is its ability to fight any type of weather. Perfect for outdoor use, this lens deserves to be part of your top choices.
Buying guide for Canon EOS 7D Mark II
In the industry of photography, despite the fact that all lenses are made to perfection and meet the needs of each photographer, lenses come with different types as well. In fact, some photography needs certain types of lens in order to make the job well done. To guide you in choosing which lens to use, here’s a quick guide to the different types of lens.
Having a focal length of 8-24mm, this lens is suited to use for landscape, panoramic shots, cityscape, abstract, and real estate. As what its name says, this type of lens resembles the actual eye of a fish providing a great panoramic view. This is why fisheye lenses are usually used for commercial security cameras because of their wide scope of view.
This type of lens is commonly used for close-up photos. This is because macro lenses are quite good in providing every detail of the subject. This type of lens has 50-200mm of focal length.
Having a focal length of 100-600mm, the telephoto lenses are suitable when you’ll take a subject from afar. This lens is also suited for wildlife and nature photography.
Wide angle lenses
As what its name says, wide angles lenses are those which will provide a wide angle of views. With a focal length of 24-35mm, this type of lens is commonly used for landscape photography since they provide a good scene of the object.
If you are looking for versatile lenses, then zoom lens might be the answer. Zoom lenses are known for their versatility and they have a focal length of 55-200mm. This is because, through this type of lens, you could able to take good shots even while staying in one place.
Standard prime lenses
The standard prime lenses are available in focal length of 35, 50, 85, and 135mm. This type of lens has fixed focal length. This means that if you choose 50mm of focal length, it will provide you a perspective of only 50mm. This lens is also versatile since they are suited to different types of photography.