Many people thought that the beauty of the picture will depend on the brand of the camera itself. Well, it is now the time that you should change this perspective. This is because the truth is quite far from this belief. In reality, the quality of the picture will depend on the lens. The better the lens, the better the work it can do. This is why; whether you are a professional photographer or just a hobbyist, you must choose the right lens for your DLSR camera.
With this, we list the best lens in the market that will perfectly suit with Nikon D3400. With these wide varieties of choices, we are hoping that at the end of this review, you will find the best choice.
Here we pick the top-rated lenses for you to fulfill your 100% needs. Below are the top recommended lenses for Nikon D3400 DSLR camera. You can choose the one you need.
Best All-in-one Lenses for Nikon D3400:
1 1. Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR:
- Maximum magnification of 032x
- Angle of view from 76 degree to 5 degree 20'.Focal Length Range : 18 300 millimeter, Minimum Focus Distance : 16 feet ( 048 meter)
- Aperture range from f/35 to f/22
- Angle of view from 76 to 520'
2 2. Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II:
- One-lens solution adept in a wide variety of situations
- Focal length range: 18 -200 mm, minimum focus Distance: 1.6 ft.
- Two extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements; three aspherical lens elements
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM), Nikon VR II (vibration reduction) image stabilization
- Focus to 20 inches for extended versatility, filter thread: 72 mm.Maximum angle of view (dx-format)76°.minimum angle of view (DX-format) 8°.Accepts Filter Type:Screw-on
Best Portrait Lenses for Nikon D3400:
3 3. Nikon 50mm f/1.4G:
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
- Ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing, 58mm filters
- Minimum focus Distance : 0.45m/17.72 Inches. Lens Hood: HB-47
- Nikon F mount for FX and DX DSLRs. Unparalleled autofocus performance.Mount Type: Nikon F-Bayonet
- Lens not zoomable
4 4. Nikon 85mm f/1.8G:
- Fast aperture medium telephoto lens
- Internal focus, focal length: 85 mm, minimum focus range: 0.80 m
- Silent wave motor (SWM). Number of diaphragm blades:7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- M/a focus mode switch. Filter-attachment size is 67 mm (p=0.75 mm)
- Nikon super integrated coating (sic)
Best Macro Lenses for Nikon D3400s:
5 5. Nikon 40mm f/2.8G Micro:
- Compact and lightweight DX-format close-up lens. Lens Construction (Elements/Groups) - 9 elements in 7 groups
- Maximum reproduction ratio is 1.0x. Focal length is 40 mm
- Sharp images from infinity to life-size (1x), autofocus to 64 inches
- Close-range correction system (CRC). Silent wave motor (SWM)
- Angle of view is 38 degree 50 feet. Features focus distance indicator 0.53 feet to infinity having minimum focus distance as 0.53 feet
6 6. Nikon 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Micro:
- Designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile enough for virtually any photographic situation
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 23°20'.Features new VR II vibration reduction technology, Focal Length : 105 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 1.03 ft( 0314 m)
- Nano-Crystal coat and ED glass elements that enhance overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations
- Includes an internal focus, which provides fast and quiet auto-focusing without changing the length of the lens. Maximum Reproduction Ratio : 1.0x
- Weighs 279 ounces, and measures 33 x 45 inches; Made In China ;5-Year Warranty (1-Year International + 4-Year USA Extension)
Best Wide-Angle Prime Lenses for Nikon D3400:
7 7. Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art:
- Optical designs is highly resistant to strong incidental light sources such as backlight
- Minimized Chromatic aberration, distortion, and ghosting
- This lens delivers excellent brightness and bokeh and is ideal high speed lens for snapshots.
- The Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG HSM can be considered as the culmination of the Art line in relation with F1.4 series
Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Nikon D3400:
8 8. Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED:
- Ideal for landscapes, cityscapes, interiors, architecture and more.
- Focal Length : 10- 24 mm, Close focusing to 0.8 feet
- Renders a picture angle of 109 degrees through 61 degrees, equivalent to focal lengths of 15-36mm.
- SWM enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus operation., For superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration.
- Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of lens aberration, even when used at the widest aperture.Accepts Filter Type:Screw-on
9 9. Tokina 14-20mm f/2.0 AT-X Pro DX:
- Nikon F Mount Lens/DX Format. 21-30mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22. One Plastic-Molded Aspherical Element
- Two Glass-Molded Aspherical SD Elements. Two Super Low Dispersion Elements
- Multi-Layer Anti-Reflection Coating. Internal Focus; One-Touch Focus Clutch
- Nine-Blade Diaphragm
10 10. Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 ATX Pro DX II:
- USA Version. 3 Year Tokina Warranty included. Intended for sale within the USA.
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22 Designed for Cameras with APS-C Sensors
- Two Aspheric Lens Elements Two Super-Low Dispersion Lens Elements
- Multi-Layer Coating 77mm Filter Thread
Best Standard Prime Lenses for Nikon D3400:
11 11. Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art:
- 35mm focal length, 52.5mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 56mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum, This model is compatible with all current Nikon cameras (both DX and FX)
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- 67mm filters,0.30m/11.81" minimum focus. Maximum Magnifications-1:5.2. Angle of View-63.4º
- Available in Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Pentax KAF3, Sony Alpha, Sigma SA mounts. Please refer the User Manual which is in the Product Box before use.
12 12. Nikon 35mm f/1.8G:
- F Mount Lens/DX Format. Picture Angle with Nikon DX Format 44 degree
- 52.5 millimeter (35-millimeter equivalent). Rear focusing; manual focus override
- Aperture range: f/1.8 to 22 ; dimensions(approx.):approx. 70 x 52.5 millimeter
- Silent wave motor AF system. Accepts filter type is screw on. Lens construction:8 elements in 6 groups
- Compatible formats is dx and fx in dx crop mode. Maximum reproduction ratio:0.16x
Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Nikon D3400:
13 13. Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art:
- Designed specifically for APS-C sized sensors
- Internal focusing and zooming allows for more usability and functionality
- The 18-35mm is ideal for landscapes, portraits, still life, snap shots, casual, and close-ups
- Angle of view (SD1):76.5º-44.2º
14 14. Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM:
- Large aperture, stabilized, standard zoom lens
- FLD glass with performance equal to fluorite
- Carrying case, lens hood, front & rear caps. Lens Construction : 17 Elements in 13 Groups
- OS is not available in Pentax and Sony mounts.
- Maximum Magnifications 1:5, Minimum Focusing Distance 28 cm / 11 in
15 15. Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G:
- Versatile FX-format wide-angle (18mm) to standard (35mm) zoom lens
- Focal Length : 18-35 mm, Focus as close as 0.92 ft. from your subject
- Excellent choice for travel and architecture, landscape and everyday photography as well as HD-Video applications
- Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing with seamless manual override
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) and Aspherical (AS) glass elements ensure superior sharpness, color correction and other types of chromatic aberation.Maximum Angle of View (DX-format):76°
Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Nikon D3400:
16 16. Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD:
- The most compact lens in its class
- Minimum focus distance: 51.2 in (1.3m); Maximum magnification ratio: 1: 8 (at f=200mm: MFD 51.2), Focal Length 70-200 mm
- Fast F/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range, Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating the lens
- New VC anti-shake mechanism with 4-stop advantage.
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) for quick and quiet focusing. Internal Focusing (IF) System
17 17. Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF VR:
- 70 300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4.5 5.6 maximum aperture for Nikon digital SLR cameras
- Internal Focus (IF) system provides fast and quiet autofocusing; 4.9 feet Minimum focus range, Focal Length Range : 70 300 mm.Two focus modes are available — M/A and M
- Vibration Reduction (VRII) minimizes effects of camera shake to produce sharper images
- 2 Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements delivers super contrast and resolution performance
- Lens, frond and real cap, HB 36 Hood and CL 1022 Pouch / Packaging type : White box(Bulk Packaging)
18 18. Nikon 70-200mm f/4G ED VR:
- Lightweight and portable at just 29.3 oz and a mere 7.0-in. long
- Focal Length Range : 70 -200 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 3.28 ft.
- Optimized for capturing high-quality stills and HD videos on both FX- and DX-format cameras
- Nikon's high-performance f/4 fixed aperture zoom lens. Weight- Approx-30.0 pounds. 20 elements in 14 groups (including 3 ED lens elements, one HRI lens element and lens elements with Nano-Crystal coatings)
19 19. Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD:
- VC (Vibration Compensation) , Angle of View diagonal 16゜25' - 4゜8' for full-frame format 10゜38' - 2゜40' for APS-C format
- Minimum Focus Distance of 2.7m (106.3in), Focal Length : 150-600mm
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive), New eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) Coating
- Moisture-resistant construction
- Advanced Optical Technology.Max. Magnification Ratio:1:5
20 20. Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II:
- Compact telephoto zoom that's great for action, people and travel. Metering - Full aperture
- Focal Length Range : 55 -200 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 3.7 ft. ( 1.1 m). Maximum angle of view (DX-format): 28°50', Minimum angle of view (DX-format): 8°
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) delivers superior color quality while reducing ghosting and lens flare
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass nearly eliminates optical distortion, while a rounded seven-blade diaphragm makes out of focus elements look more natural
- Nikon Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization provides 4.0 stops of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images, steadier HD videos and enhanced low-light performance
Buying Guide for Nikon D4300 Lenses
Since the chosen lens has a huge impact on the clarity and quality of the picture itself, it is necessary for every buyer to have a deeper idea about the different types of lenses and what are their uses. In this, way, no more wastes of time in choosing the lens that you less needed.
Different types of lenses
- Wide-angle lens
This type of lens is perfectly suited for photography indoor, as well as nature and landscape. Though this lens works well in other types of photography, these types are where this lens works out the best.
- Standard lens
When talking about the standard lens, it can be compared to how people see the world. This is the type of lens that provides realistic output and it also fine to use for most types of photography. The most standard lens was chosen by many photographers’ professional or hobbyists because of its overall versatility.
- Telephoto lens
Lenses that are heavier and longer are what we called the telephoto lens. The use of this lens will make the object closer even if is far. Unlike the standard lens, the use of a telephoto lens will matter on purpose and situations. Despite the heavy feature of a telephoto lens, there are still choices in the market which offer light in weight properties.
- Macro lenses
From the word macro, this lens is just like using a magnifying glass. The use of this type of lens will make the object transform into bigger compared to real life. Macro lenses are perfect for taking pictures with smaller items as they will provide you with every detail of your object. Under this category are the zoom and prime lens. While the prime lens has the same and certain focal length, the zoom lens has a changeable focal length.
The fact that every lens has its own properties and capabilities, it is necessary to not just choose the known brand you preferred. You must also consider the type of lens you plan to choose.