In these days, reminiscing the best moments of life through taking pictures is beyond possibilities. Anyone can take images perfectly with the help of DSLR cameras. One of these cameras is the Nikon D850. Either you are a professional photographer or not, this DSLR camera is recommended as your partner.
While many thought that perfect images are only possible with expensive and high-quality cameras, the truth is, the lens you use will matter the most. This is why; in order to shot perfect images, you must partner your camera with great lenses.
With many choices available in the market, you may find it difficult to choose which lens to use. This is why; we put together the best choices in the market to help you come up with the best choice.
Nikon 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S
Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED
$846.95 in stock
31 used from $ 539.97
- Versatile 107x zoom lens with ED glass and VR II image stabilization
- Optimized for edge to edge sharpness on both FX and DX-format
- Covers a wide range of focal lengths to get the best out of every subject
- 2 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements; 3 Aspherical Lens Elements
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) Weight : 282 oz
Nikon 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S comes with a dimension of 12.4 x 10.4 x .6.7 inches and weight of 3.8 pounds, a weight, and measurement which makes this lens portable and easy to bring. This lens is perfect for travel, landscape, portraits, and distant subjects. This is because of its broad focal length as well as its 10.7x zoom lens. Not just that, this lens features the VR II or Vibration Technology which maintains image stability and results to and clear pictures.
Not just that, the handheld shooting of this lens which will reach up to 4 shutter speeds slower helps it provide sharp still images as well as videos. With the ability to minimize the chromatic aberration, this lens offers you the consistency of color and reduction of flares. With all of the features present in this lens, added all of them is the exclusive Nikon silent wave motor, which takes care in the overall operation of the lens.
Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR
Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED
$1,896.95 in stock
21 used from $ 1,440.00
- Fast f/2.8 constant aperture with an electromagnetic diaphragm
- Sensational image quality and sharpness with virtually no distortion, Focal Length Range : 24 -70 mm
- Minimum Focus Distance : 35-50 mm focal length - 1.2 ft. (0.38 m) from focal plane. 24, 28, 70 mm focal lengths - 1.3 ft. (0.41 m) from focal plane; Dimensions - Approx. 88.0 mm maximum diameter x 154.5 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- 4 stops of Vibration Reduction for handheld and low-light shooting, Nonstick glass makes it easier to wipe off water, dirt and smudges
- Evolution of Nikon's legendary 24-70mm workhorse.Type:Fmount, Type E AF-S lens with built-in CPU and F mount
The fast contact aperture and the electronic diaphragm, made this lens provide sensational and sharp images. With a focal length of 24-70mm, this lens is able to catch perfectly both near and distant images. With its weight of about 3 pounds and overall dimension of 5.8 x 5.8 x 9.2 inches, both indoor and outdoor shoots, this lens works and performs well.
Choosing the Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR will help you to enjoy the privilege of its offered predecessors. These are the sharpness, speed, consistency, control, and durability. Added with Vibration Reduction for image stability, this lens provides a more detailed image in every use.
This lens is a truly versatile wide-angle to the short telephoto lens as it has a constant maximum aperture and electromagnetic aperture mechanism. From works inside the studio to field shoots this lens can help a lot. Whether you are an experienced photographer or you still in the practice of developing it, this lens can be your partner since it has a great performance.
Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens
Sigma 35mm F1.4 ART DG HSM Lens
$649.00 in stock
22 used from $ 499.99
- 35mm focal length, 52.5mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 56mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum, This model is compatible with all current Nikon cameras (both DX and FX)
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- 67mm filters,0.30m/11.81" minimum focus. Maximum Magnifications-1:5.2. Angle of View-63.4º
- Available in Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Pentax KAF3, Sony Alpha, Sigma SA mounts. Please refer the User Manual which is in the Product Box before use.
The Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras is the first entry of the Sigma Art Series of professional lenses. No wonder, this lens provides artistic expression and creativity.
Among its important features are the floating inner focusing system and Hyper Sonic Motor. These have different works but end up contributing a lot to the overall performance of this lens. The floating inner focusing system and a maximum aperture of this lens help a lot in capturing clear images. On the other hand, the Hyper Sonic Motor is a reliable technology which works in running all the operation of this lens. Because of the reliable controlling ability of Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras, its outputs are usually free from aberrations and are clear and sharp types of pictures.
As a lens that offers both accuracy and durability, the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras is a good choice for your Nikon D850.
Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens
10 used from $ 899.00
- The Sigma 85mm 1.4 DG HSM Art is the latest addition to the world renowned Sigma Global Vision Line
- It has equipped newly designed hyper sonic motor (HSM) for nimble AF control, 1.3 times better torque of its predecessor
- This lens is compatible with Mount converter MC-11 , so Sony E-mount users can also enjoy this lens with it
The Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art provides an aperture of about f/1.4 – 16. This means that it provides a full frame format so that you can capture any images with the correct angle you want. Added to that is the super multi-layer coating which protects each element to maintain their abilities.
Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art also uses the Hyper Sonic AF Motor which keeps the whole operation of the lens work fast and efficiently. Durability is also another feature which this lens can brag. This is because it is made from durable and quality materials.
With lightweight feature, durability, and great performance of this lens, it is undeniably one of the best choices for your Nikon D850.
Nikon PC-E Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D Tilt-Shift
Nikon PC-E FX Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/2.8D Fixed Zoom Lens
6 used from $ 1,249.99
- Medium-telephoto perspective control lens with 85mm focal length and f/2.8 maximum aperture
- Lets you shift, tilt, and rotate lens while you shoot for more interesting perspectives
- Shifting range of plus or minus 11.5mm; tilting range of plus or minus 8.5 degrees
- Revolves 90 degrees in either direction; coated with Nano Crystal Coat and SIC
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm; measures 3.3 inches in diameter and 4.2 inches long.Compatible Format(s):FX,DX,FX in DX Crop Mode,35mm Film
With a weight of 1.43 pounds and measurement of 4.2 x 3.3 x 3.3 inches, this lens is highly compatible with your Nikon D850. However, it’s not just compatible; it is made well also to meet the needs of every photographer both in the profession and at heart.
This medium-telephoto perspective lens has a focal length of 85mm and a maximum aperture of f/2.8. With this, portrait, nature, commercial, and other types of photography will work out with this lens. Aside from that, this lens has coated with Nano crystal coat and SIC. They are important in a lens because they are working in the elimination of internal reflections across a wide range of wavelengths. This will make the image come out with clarity.
The fact that this lens is versatile and has a good performance, another property it can boast is the easy shifting, tilting, and rotation of the lens. These abilities will make your perspective even easier and convenient.
Tamron SP 85mm f/1.8 Di VC USD
Tamron AFF016C700 SP 85mm F/1.8 Di VC USD Lens
1 used from $ 728.00
- Superior resolving power and attractive bokeh
- Fluorine Coating and Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Electromagnetic diaphragm system
- fast and accurate focusing
- New SP Design
This lens is more expert in providing a special emphasis and extraordinary results. The 24-70mm focal length of this lens allows you to use the right angle in taking pictures. Even in times that your location has more light exposure, this lens still works well. With its constant zoom aperture, every photographer can focus on the perfect angle in every shot.
This lens also features the VC or Vibration Compensation which reduces shake. This feature is very helpful making the output more stabilized. When it comes to motor performance, this lens is good enough too. Thanks to the Ultrasonic Silent Drive which keeps the whole thing working but stays quiet and efficient.
Through minimizing chromatic aberration, this lens has the capability to provide better performance and clearer image when it used. In the end, clarity is still its main purpose and yet, this lens is able to serve it.
Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR Lens Bundle
$1,906.09 in stock
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR Lens
- 82mm UV Filter
- MicroFiber Cleaning Cloth
- Lens Capkeeper
This lens works great for low light shots. This is because it uses the 4 stops of vibration reduction which helps a lot with low light and handled shots. Its non-stick glass materials make it easier to wipe off water, dirt, and smudges. With this, this lens is not just suitable for low light but also for outdoor shooting.
With a total measurement of 5.8 x 5.8 x 9.2 inches and weight of 3 pounds, this lens is capable enough of providing great performance in taking stunning pictures. Its vibration reduction technology is not just working on low light but also in stabilizing the image resulting in the blur-free effect. Being a versatile lens is also a part of Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR. With a focal length of about 24-70mm, you could able to find the perfect angle with your subject.
When talking about durability, this lens has something to brag too. It is made of quality materials making the whole lens durable enough to sustain in different events. This is why; from indoor to outdoor shoots, this lens is a good choice.
Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
Sigma 20mm F1.4 ART DG HSM Lens
$706.94 in stock
- Optical designs is highly resistant to strong incidental light sources such as backlight
- Minimized Chromatic aberration, distortion, and ghosting
- This lens delivers excellent brightness and bokeh and is ideal high speed lens for snapshots.
- The Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG HSM can be considered as the culmination of the Art line in relation with F1.4 series
Wide and fast performance! This is what you can enjoy with this lens from Sigma. It comes with a sophisticated design and great construction making it admired by many users. Reducing the chromatic and spherical aberrations, this lens provides 15 elements in 11 groups. These elements include the low dispersion elements and five special low dispersion elements which not just reduce aberrations but to limit distortion for a clean, sharp, and well-illuminated image.
To minimize surface reflections, flare, and ghosting, this lens features the Super Multi-layer Coating. Through this property, there is an increase of contrast and accuracy of color in every image. This lens is quite versatile as well. It can work with different types of a shoot like landscape, interior, architectural, and astrophotography. With its functional and great construction, this lens is a quite good choice among people who use Nikon D850.
Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
$1,596.95 in stock
31 used from $ 899.00
- Focal Length Range : 14 -24 mm
- Minimum Focus Distance 0.9 ft.( 0.28 m), minimum f/stop 22
- Lens construction 14/11 (2 ED glass elements, 3 aspherical lenses and 1 Nano Crystal Coat)
Delivering an edge to edge sharpness and providing a high contrast is what this lens can boast. Featuring the Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coating, this lens is able to keep a good transmission of light and reduce the effects of ghosting and flare. This lens also features superior accuracy and ultra-quiet operation because of its Silent Wave Motor and internal focusing feature.
Aside from great performance and clear photos, this lens also boasts its capacity to resist dust and moisture. Thanks to the magnesium alloy build in this lens which allows this lens to be used even with inclement conditions. Aside from that, the built-in lens hood of Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G ED provides maximum overall protection. This is why; this lens is suitable to use for outdoor shoots.
With its excellent performance and resistance against possible damages, this lens is a really good choice for your Nikon D850.
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO Macro
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 AF APO EX DG OS HSM Macro
1 used from $ 898.00
- Macro Lens With 1:1 Magnification
- Focuses to 15"
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Hyper-Sonic Motor for Fast, Quiet AF
- 3 SLD Elements Correct Aberrations
Looking for a complete treat for your Nikon D850? The Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO Macro might be what you are looking for. The fact that it has added accessory bundle, this lens provides you all the necessities when shooting. Apart from that, when it comes to overall performance, this lens does a great job too. After all, the most important is the capacity of the lens to provide great images.
With optical image stabilization feature, this lens is able to give you blur-free images. Aside from that, the hypersonic motor feature of this lens is great enough that it supports the fast and easier operation of the lens. With this motor, reliability is another property that you can find in Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO Macro. With about 150mm of focal length, this lens will let you take pictures in different angles with convenience.
With included items like lens cap, lens hood, lens hood extension tripod collar, soft case, and strap case, Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO Macro gives you everything you need.
Nikon 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Micro
Nikon AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Lens
$806.95 in stock
41 used from $ 558.88
- Designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile enough for virtually any photographic situation
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 23 Degree20'.Features new VR II vibration reduction technology, Focal Length : 105 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 10 ft.( 0314 m)
- Nano-Crystal coat and ED glass elements that enhance overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations
- Includes an internal focus, which provides fast and quiet auto-focusing without changing the length of the lens. Maximum Reproduction Ratio : 1.0x
- Weighs 279 ounces, and measures 33 x 45 inches; Made In China ;5-Year Warranty (1-Year International + 4-Year USA Extension)
Weighing about 1.74 pounds with an overall measurement of 1.74 pounds, Nikon 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Micro is fully loaded with different features that are working together in providing every photographer a good performance. With maximum angle view of 23 degrees, this lens is highly suitable for close-up and macro photography. Well, it is versatile enough to suit any photographic situations.
Featuring the Vibration Reduction technology II, this lens is effective enough in providing clear and blur-free photos. Added to that are the Nano-Crystal coat and ED glass elements of this lens which protect each element and maintains its image quality. These features also reduce flares and chromatic aberrations. Since this lens includes an internal focusing feature, there is no need to change the length of the lens since it operates fast and quiet at the same time.
This lightweight and versatile lens can be your partner with everyday shoots. Though it is not a zoomable type of lens, it is still good enough knowing that lets you produce clear and sharp pictures.
Nikon 200mm f/2G ED VR II
Nikon AF FX NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II
10 used from $ 3,795.00
- Fast, Prime Telephoto Lens
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Automatic Tripod Detection Mode
- Nano Crystal Coat
- Super ED Glass Element
This telephoto lens is versatile in many ways and deserves to be part of your top choices. With a weight of 6.46 pounds and overall measurement, if 8 x 4.9 x 4.9 inches, this lens may not be that totally light in weight yet, it is fully packed with useful features and properties.
First off, Nikon 200mm f/2G ED VR II is a fast and prime telephoto lens. This means that operates fast enabling you to take pictures perfectly in a snap. Either indoor conditions or indoor sports, this lens is good enough to use. It has also Vibration Technology II feature which ensures that you can take a picture with stability in each output. Aside from that, the Nano Crystal Coat of this lens helps in the reduction of ghosting and flares.
This lens provides clear and sharp and close to real photos. Thanks to the 3 extra-low dispersion(ED) elements in this lens. Its primary job is to provide superior sharpness and color correction to lessen chromatic aberration even under the widest aperture settings.
Aside from the good overall performance of this lens, its durability and rugged construction is also its edge among other lenses out there. With this, this lens will provide you high resistance moisture and dust for a better protection in every use.
Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR
Nikon 20063 70-200mm f/2.8-22
$2,146.95 in stock
18 used from $ 1,679.00
- Minimum Focus Distance-3.6ft.(1.1m)
- Diaphragm blades: 9
- Provides nationwide service support for coverages as defined within the plan benefits and terms. If your product can't be repaired, a Gift Card will be provided.
- Includes free shipping for covered claims, no hidden fees, easy online or over the phone claim process, and secure support with an industry-leading company. You may request a cancellation at any time.
- See Product Description for details including limitations and what is not covered.
In its weight of 5.3 pounds and overall measurement of 7.9 x, 3.4 x 3.4 inches lies the capability of this lens to provide a better performance when taking pictures. Designed for all types of photographic situations, this lens is also highly suited to rugged and sports shoots. The enhanced and innovative controls of this lens are well built for an enhanced and better handling.
With its constant maximum aperture of f/2.8, this lens is capable of providing sharp and clear images yet maintains the smoothness and clarity of its background. Indoor sports, wildlife, dusk and dawn, wedding receptions and many more, Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR is good enough with its overall ability.
Since this lens used the Silent Wave Motor, it is highly reliable when it comes to providing fast performance. With all of these features, anyone can really expect a good performance brought by this lens.
Nikon 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 80-400mm f.4.5-5.6G ED VR Zoom
$2,096.95 in stock
17 used from $ 759.00
- FX-format compatible
- Focuses as close as 5.7 feet during AF operation
- Vibration Reduction
- Approx. 95.5 mm maximum diameter x 203 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- Approximate weight:3.5 lbs(1570 g)including tripod collar based on CIPA guidelines. Approximate weight: 1480g (3.3lbs) without tripod collar
Nikon 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR provides an extensive zoom range which contributes a lot to the sharpness, clarity, and color correction of every image. This lens is able in reducing the reflections of surfaces which prevents flare and ghosting. This is because of the Nano Crystal Coat technology which is featured in this lens.
Blur-free and stabilized image is another property you can find in this lens since it has vibration reduction technology. This feature plays an important role in the overall clarity of the image. With this focal length of about 80-400mm, this telephoto lens is able to properly capture faraway subjects. All in all, this lens does a great job which makes it a good choice for your Nikon D850.
Nikon 200-500 f/5.6E ED VR
Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Zoom
$1,256.95 in stock
24 used from $ 899.00
- Compact super telephoto zoom lens for birding, wildlife, motorsports, events and more
- 500mm of zoom power on FX-format DSLRs; 750mm equivalent on DX-format DSLRS, Minimum Focus Distance: 7.2 ft.( 2.2 m), Focal Length Range:200 -500 mm
- Fast f/5.6 constant aperture for beautiful out-of-focus backgrounds and low-light performance
- 4.5 stops of Vibration Reduction with Sports mode. Approx. Weight- 81.2 ounce. Approx. Dimensions(Diameter x Length)- 4.2 inch x 10.5 inch( Based on CIPA Guidelines )
- AF compatible with optional TC-14E series teleconverters and DSLRs that offer f/8 support
This telephoto lens comes in a lightweight and compact design. It has an overall dimension of 7.5 x 7.5 x 17.2 inches and weight of 5.07 pounds. With its ability to produce great photos with the real-time focus in every shot, this lens is perfectly fine with photographic situations like wildlife, athletes, sports activities and more.
Distance is not an issue in this lens. In fact, with its focal length and aperture, this lens is created especially for taking distant photos. With its tight focus, this lens is still capable of providing you better and clearer camera photos all the time.
This lens also features the advanced Nikon lens technology or the Extra-low dispersion glass technology. Its main ability is to cut through the glare of bright sunlight. The Silent Wave Motor of this lens is also a reliable feature for the fast and smooth operation of the lens.
With all these features present in this lens, it is undeniably one of the best choices when choosing a lens for Nikon D850.
What to Look before buying Nikon D850 Lenses?
Nikon D850 is a great DSLR which is known to many photographers. However, despite the quality and fame of this camera, pairing it with the best lens is still the best way for you to come up with the perfect photos. This is why; before landing on the lens you are planning to buy, you need to make sure that you are choosing the best lens. In order to help you with it, here’s a quick guide in choosing the lens for Nikon D850.
When you check for lenses, always take a look at its focal length. This is because this must be the first consideration when choosing a lens as it has a big role in the overall efficiency of the lens. The focal length comes in millimeters and it tells whether you are choosing the wide angle or the telephoto lens.
Talking about the aperture of a lens, it is also present in all lenses. This is because just like the focal length, the aperture plays an important role in your lens. Aperture is the one who will tell you how much amount of light your chosen lens can get through.
Color refractive correction
The beauty and art of photography are all about light. However, one must also understand the basic elements and abilities of the lens when it comes to lighting. When you are using your camera, there are different colors that will bend in different positions when they are passing a lens. With this, shifting of colors may happen which has a huge impact on the overall clarity and sharpness of your photo. This is why; every company uses different methods to correct the refraction of color. This is through the use of low dispersion glass which varies from manufacturers.
Zoom or fixed lens?
Choosing which to choose either zoom or fixed lens is an important decision everyone should take. This is because both of these have different uses as well as advantages and disadvantages. With this, you need to trust on your need for you to come up with a good choice.