An Apple ID is something that is your personal and private access to your iTunes Store, App Store, Apple Online Store, iCloud, and multiple other Apple Services.
Difference between Apple ID and iTunes Account
A number of people think that the Apple ID and iTunes account are one and the same, however, the reality is that they are not. The Apple Account and iCloud Account are two different accounts but can be accessed with the same e-mail ID. In layman terms, an Apple ID is a username for almost everything that you can do with Apple. With an Apple ID, you are able to shop the iTunes store, or sign into iCloud, and even buy an app. With that, you may also use iMessage or many other similar things.
To know more about the Apple ID, keep on reading.
Introduction to setting up an Apple ID
You might be thinking if this process is going to be complicated and lengthy but that is not the case. Setting up iTunes accounts is fairly simple. You can either create an account in iTunes or opt for making one on an IOS device. Another option is creating an account on the web. The choice is all yours. Here, we shall walk you through these three methods so that you can pick one that you find easy.
How to Create an Apple ID using iTunes
Earlier on, creating an Apple ID using iTunes used to be the only option available. This is a quick process, explained below in steps.
- Open iTunes on your desktop or laptop computer
- Click the Account menu
- Click Sign In
- Here you will see a window popping up on the screen that allows you to either sign into an existing Apple ID (if you have any) or create a new iTunes account. As of now, you’re creating a new iTunes account, so click “Create Apple ID”
- When creating an Apple ID, you’ll be presented with multiple screens, which you have to click through in order to begin entering your information. You will also be asked whether you to agree to the iTunes Store’s terms. Click Agree.
- Now, on the next screen, enter the email address you want to use for this account, create a password. iTunes will offer you guidelines on creating a secure password, follow the process and make sure to include a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters. To make things more secure, add security questions, enter your birthday etc
- Just in case there arises a situation where you lose your main account, you’ll also have the option of including a rescue email, which is the email account that your account information can be sent to if you lose access to your main address. If you plan to use this, make sure you enter a different email address than the one you use for your Apple ID login.
- Once you are done with this, click Continue.
- Next, you would be asked to enter the payment method you want to be billed whenever you make a purchase at the iTunes Store. The options provided are Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and PayPal. Enter the billing address of your card and the three-digit security code from the back.
- Click Create Apple ID and you’ll have your Apple ID set up and Voila! It is ready to use!
Creating an Apple ID using iPhone
If you plan on making an Apple ID using your iPhone, you can follow these steps.
- Go to Settings
- Look for iCloud
- If you are currently signed into an Apple ID, scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap Sign Out. You’ll have to go through a number of steps to sign out. If you’re not signed into an Apple ID, scroll to the bottom and tap Create a new Apple ID
- From this point onwards, you will be shown screens, with different purposes. On the first, enter your birthday and tap Next.
- Enter your name and tap Next
- Choose an email address to use with the account. You can pick from an existing account or create a new, free iCloud account
- Enter the email address you want to use and tap Next
- Create a password for your Apple ID by following guidelines provided to you. Then tap Next
- Add three security questions, tapping Next after each one
- After you tap Next on the third security question, your Apple ID is created.
- Open the email in the account you choose earlier to verify and continue using it.
How to make an Apple ID on the Web
if you wish, you can create an Apple ID right on the Apple website. This method is the quickest of all. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Open your web browser and type: https://appleid.apple.com/account#!&page=create
- Fill out the form that is displayed on this page. You will be asked to choose an email address for your Apple ID, then add a password, enter your date of birth, and selecting security questions to make your account secure and protected. Once you have completed all this, click Continue
- Apple sends a verification email to the email address that you had entered. Enter the 6-digit confirmation code from the email on the website.
- Now, click Verify to create your Apple ID.
- With this, you are good to go! Now you can use the Apple ID you’ve just created in iTunes or on iOS devices.
All the methods mentioned above will help you in creating your very own Apple ID. Once you have completed all the steps mentioned above, you can start using your Apple ID to buy Music, downloading or buying applications of your choice, and many more exciting things.
Did you find this article helpful? Have you tried setting up your Apple ID? If so, which of the above mentioned methods did you use?
Please do let us know in the comments down below!