Although listening songs on your phone have become way easier since multiple apps have popped up in the recent times. This includes apps that require payment and then there are those that are available for free. These apps simply take up your wi-fi or 3G/4G network, and you can listen to songs wherever you go.
Even though this trend has become very common, there are still some people who prefer keeping songs in their iPhone. This sure does bring the storage issue as songs do take up space.
For those of you who have no clue about the process of manually adding songs to your iPhone, this article is for you.
What to check before manually transferring songs?
You need to check up some important things before you proceed with the process of transferring songs.
- Check whether your iTunes is updated? It’s a good idea to know if iTunes in your iPhone is up to date. Updating apps helps to remove bugs and more often than not, Apple does this for you. Nonetheless, you could go and check whether your iTunes is up to date or not.
- Check if you need to download iTunes again? Sometimes you might come across a situation where you need to download iTunes again. For this, you can simply go to the iTunes website and get iTunes over there.
How to View Your iPhone in iTunes?
Perform these steps and you will be able to synchronize iTunes to your iPhone.
- Take out the dock connector that you received with your iPhone, use it and plug it into your Personal Computer. This is how a USB connection will be established.
- Open the iTunes software.
- Notice the “Devices” section in the left pane, here look for your iPhone name.
You might go through some problems while connecting your iPhone with your Personal Computer.
How to set up Manual Transfer Mode on your iPhone?
iTunes is generally set to automatic sync mode. However, to know how to switch to manual sync mode read on.
- Open iTunes.
- Click on the Summary menu tab.
- Click the checkbox next to the Manually manage music and videos option to enable this mode.
- Now, click Apply and save these settings.
How to manually sync specific songs and playlists?
Now that you have iTunes in manual syncing mode, you are free to select specific songs or your favorite playlists to transfer to your iPhone.
Follow these steps to do this.
- Open iTunes, and look at the left pane to find “Music” option. You can find this in the Library section.
- If you want to transfer a single song from your iTunes library to the iPhone simply drag and drop from the main iTunes window to your iPhone’s icon
- If you plan on transferring multiple songs in one go then you can use keyboard shortcuts. Hold down the [CTRL Key] (for Mac use the [Command Key]) and choose your songs — this will then enable you to drag the selected group of songs to your iPhone in one go.
- To transfer playlists, simply drag and drop them onto your iPhone’s icon.
iTunes generally lets you know how much storage you are left on your iPhone, so its good to check beforehand while transferring songs how much space you have.
Have you tried this method before? Let us know in the comments down below.